Tuesday, March 17, 2009

We've got a friend...

So, Ray says he finds out new things about me every single day... but as strange as they are, they never surprise him.

Well, many years ago when I first moved to Eugene, I joined a website called "www.couchsurfing.com".  I made a profile which allows other users (travelers) to check out and see whether or not I have a space for them to "couchsurf" at my house, or stay overnight.  In turn, if I were traveling, I could search for someone in the place I was planning to go to see if they have a couch or floor or bed I could crash on for the night.

Meet Jen Robertson.  Just last week I had received an email from couchsurfing.com telling me that it has been years since I updated my profile and that they would be deleting it if I did not update.  So, I spent 10 minutes or so updating my information to Japan.

Not even a couple hours later, I received and email from Jen saying that she was a British traveler looking for a place to stay for two nights.  I then filled Ray in to my history with the program and how awesome it is.  He encouraged me to write back to Jen... 

She ended up staying with us a couple of nights.  She was on her 2nd month of a year-long global adventure.  She was a delight and encouragement to us, leaving with us more eggs and milk than she consumed!  It was so cool to be able to bless a person with basic needs and send them on their way.  If she reads this, we hope she is finding great joy and awesome adventure in Australia!!  

No comments: