Tuesday, March 3, 2009

In appreciation...

Today I visited my favorite onsen (hotspring) and, having soaked in the hot water, took my perch in a comfy chair overlooking Lake Biwa.  It was snowing out, and the light flakes slowly descended to cover the ground.  It was beautiful.  
I got to thinking:  I'm so eager to get home to see everyone, but this experience over here has been nothing less than beautiful and full of riches.  For example, never in my life have I had so much time to learn, reflect and be silent.  Ray and I have so much time, without distraction, for each other and thus our relationship is flourishing.  Our lives are rather undistracted and simple.  Despite lacking the precious conversations and relationships that await us at home, this place we are in is rich.

Ray leaves for two games in Tokyo tomorrow.  I will leave on Friday to take an overnight bus to Nagano, where I will spend the weekend skiing with a group of other foreign english teachers.  Fun and beauty.  We are blessed...

1 comment:

scotty and crystal said...

I love moments like these. Scotty and I have had a similar experience in Senegal, so much time. So happy for you both, are you coming back to the states soon?