Friday, March 20, 2009

OH sweet season of change!

Here is another handful of photos from around our area.  
Spring is upon us, and we are delighted, not only by the cherry and plum blossoms poking their noses into the air, but by the renewal of life that we see at every glance.  Folks are making their way back into gardens and have begun propagating with vigor.  Just the other day we passed a charming elderly couple bent downwards into the rich soil of their garden.  The beautiful woman saw Ray and I fondly looking over her garden, and not moments later she handed us two, large daikon radishes.  Ray bit into one immediately and devoured the entire thing as the two delightful gift-givers chuckled in delight.


This looks familiar!


We saw this fellow sun bathing as we passed the lake on our bikes.  I had to snap a photo as proof that just perhaps our little tortoise babies may do okay when we release them into the wild in May!


My dear, and long time friend, Judy tracked us down on skype today. It was a pure gift to start the day in conversation with her and her husband Kim.  She directed me to a blog she has been keeping, and in reading it today I have been touched with inspiration and motivated in love.  The following is a quote by Diane Ackerman that she posted in a previous entry, that I too would like to pass on and strive to live by:
"I swear I will not dishonor my soul with hatred, but offer myself humbly as a guardian of nature, a healer of misery, as a messenger of wonder, as an architect of peace."

No comments: