Friday, October 31, 2008

More Halloween festivities...

Halloween is not my favorite holiday.  In fact, back home I celebrate Autumn and all its beauty far more than the costumes and candy.  Not my gig.  But here, it's almost as if the costumes give the Japanese people a reason to break the rules of everyday and act out a little.  Because society here is so governed by rules and disciplined ways of doing things, the holiday actually gives them an excuse to act a little silly.  At least this is how I see it.  Here are some pics from a couple more work related parties....


A cute little angel...

They don't have second-hand stores here, so building a Halloween costume is VERY limited.  You see a lot of witches hats and pumpkin related objects...

My favorite costumes are the ones that the kids and their parents make themselves!


English music recital... yes, they are singing the "Hokey Pokey"...

No comments: