Saturday, October 18, 2008

GO RAY!









These photos were taken from the Lake Stars website and I thought I'd add them to the blog- the one with the little dude with Ray's jersey is so cute.  Its been amazing to see the team's fan base spread like wildfire around here.  Japanese folks have a knack for being unbelievably loyal to the sports teams they like.  You will see every person at the games with memorabilia, jerseys and photos.  Even today, as Ray was signing autographs at a team event, I got asked to sign my autograph on several t-shirts of a group of fans!  Today was a fun day, as Ray and three of his teammates got asked to represent the Lake Stars in a dragon boat race on the lake, and I was asked to participate too!  It was a very cool experience, because not only did we get to paddle in this traditional race, but Ray's and my boat won!  More photos to come!!

3 comments:

454235 said...

I just love the little boy wearing my lil' bro's jersey...Man! I love the colors too! Pretty neat to look in his locker room too!
So your signin' autographs Sarah? That's too fun! They really sound like they love their team! Go Lake Stars Go!:)

AIR said...

your blog is so beautiful. you do such a nice job. it's funny how they kindof make ray look japanese in some of the photos. hahahaha.

miss you guys.

Kerri Anne said...

That little kiddo in Ray's jersey number is indeed adorable. So happy to be able to catch up with you via your site! Big hugs.