Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Halloween season = Lots 'o work!

Japanese people are fascinated by American holidays, Halloween being one of those.  As a result, I have a lot of work this month, teaching Halloween lessons and throwing parties.  The work is easy and fun so I don't mind working nearly daily.  The students are generally very confused about many of the traditions, but we're told to trudge on along regardless.  For example, most students call the jack 'o lantern "halloween" because that is the symbol they are accustomed to seeing for the holiday.  There is always a lot of explaining to do... which I can't do because of the language barrier.  Always interesting!!

Yes, that is a pumpkin headband on my head...
Playing 'Duck, Duck, Goose', but using 'Ghost, Ghost, Skeleton' as vocab instead...

This is a Halloween party/Speech contest.  The kids brought their costumes... and since I didn't have one, the Japanese teachers gave me a witch's hat, a butterfly mask, and butterfly wings to put on.  Hmmm....

1 comment:

Kiko said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.