Thursday, October 2, 2008

Grrr...

Ok, so it's not so much fun having an injured knee.  No, I didn't mention that I didn't finish the bike ride last weekend because I (think) I tore my meniscus about 20 or so miles before the finish.  My pride has prevented me from really accepting this injury in it's entirety.  I can't walk well, ride my bike, or get out and actively participate in this changing, beautiful season.  However, being debilitated in any way I think is God's way of reminding us of so many things that we would never see otherwise.  And so... I will listen right now, and be patient in my healing... and walk slower.

I will go and see Ray's team doc on Saturday.  Please pray for this appointment.

On another note, the weather is getting cooler, the leaves are changing color, and we are LOVING it!!  Tonight, Ray and I went down to the lake with pillows and pad in tow and curled up to watch the sunset.  Charming evening...

We love and miss you all!!!

ps: Right now it's approximately 11pm.  Ray is in the kitchen preparing a pickle and cheese sandwich.  Just a little bedtime snack for a big boy...  

3 comments:

kjtownley said...

Hi sarah!
Always great to read your blog. Hope the knee heals quickly. I have been meaning to give you the e-mail address of our friend who is a missionary in Japan. The husband's name is Josh and his wife is Akiko. They just had their second baby. They said they would love to meet you and have a contact in your part of the country. The e-mail is Josh@villagemosaic.org and their website is www.villagemosaic.org
We were on a trip with them in Peru. Great couple!
Blessings for more adventures,
Katie

Grace Persson said...

Oooooh Sarah! I am SO sorry about your knee. I pray that the healing is quick and well.

454235 said...

Hey Sarah...so can we have an update on your knee? How has it been lately?