Saturday, January 1, 2011

A very Nabe New Year!

On the 28th, the Yasuda family invited us over to their side of the lake for a very special Nabe dinner, and an overnight at their house. Nabe is a traditional "hot pot" style meal of meat and veggies that is served during the cold months, and served family style from the middle of the table. It is DELICIOUS!! They invited many of their friends, as well as the Marshalls and Shinya, Ray's teammates (sorry, no "non-blurry" photos!!!).

The lovely Angie with Sophia....

The Yasudas treated Ray to a late birthday present: they set him up with a full fishing kit- rod, reel, line and tackle!! Taka Yasuda then took him fishing the next day on the lake!!

Our little man is getting to be pretty attached to 'ol Mama. This is his new favorite position, head on chest. It doesn't bother me a bit... I know this won't last long and I'll soak up every bit of it while I can!!



After dinner we headed back to their house and headed to bed. The next day the guys went fishing, while Angie and I and the babes relaxed. The little ones were especially in awe over their first Christmas tree!!


And who could resist donning the Lakestars hat on these two cute little noggins??



Thank you Angie and family, for EVERYTHING!!

1 comment:

Jill Marshall said...

I thought I wasn't gonna make a pic in this blog.. but I believe I did see my face on the computer screen behind ms Sophie! haha!