Sunday, January 30, 2011

Morning in Kyoto...

Jill's friend Sara arrived last Thursday for a visit of a week. Us girls went into Kyoto Friday morning, leaving the kiddos with the hubbies, for a couple hours of down time together.

We started at my very favorite coffee shop, where you can choose your cup from a wall of beautiful and unique ceramic tea cups, and the coffee is second to none.

I chose this cup and saucer this time... and I think it's my favorite yet!


Next we walked to Fushimi Inari Shrine, where I have been so many times before but always seems to amaze me...

Lovely company: Sara, Jill, Sarah...

Beautiful Jill Marshall...

Today, apparently the gods are receiving a fried piece of tofu, a boxed sake and some dried squid...

We stopped at my favorite udon noodle place to enjoy my personal favorite- kitsune udon. We were the only ones there...

A dried snake snack anyone? Anyone??

This sign cracked me up. It's warning foreigners not to sit on the hump that is at the front of the squatting toilet. That sign is there because its been done before... :)


A woman sorting flowers...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think I'll pass on the snakes and you can have the toliets too! But I am so glad you had a fun day with the "girls"!
Always good to remember yourself!