Monday, February 1, 2010

Pregnancy in Japan...

Being pregnant here in Japan can be related to a handicap. Though convenient and nice that the Japanese people take such concern over my present "condition", my growing belly is quite a sight. As you can see below, I don't even need to fight to get a seat on a train any more!!

One of the biggest blessings has been having access to a pool and gym not even 3 blocks from our apartment. Though I receive plenty of concerned and odd stares when going, walking and exercising lightly in the pool has been a sweet treat recently. My body feels light and wonderful in the water. It's funny- when the women see I am pregnant, they robotically touch my belly and marvel that I have even left the house. When I mention I am having twins ("hutago" in Japanese), a little fear crosses their faces. I receive a bit of daily satisfaction and humor from this...


No comments: