Friday, January 1, 2010

Brunch at Aunt Lauries

As if we hadn't eaten enough up until this point, Aunt Laurie invited all of her nieces and nephews over to her new home for an after Christmas brunch.  She set out all of the ingredients for each person to make either a savory or sweet baked pancake of sorts.  They were DELICIOUS!!!




After eating, we all sat around the living room and shared the history of our name. In honor of our twins, each person also shared their top favorite baby names.  I was amazed by the history in Ray's family and how each person shares a portion of their name with a relative passed.  We even learned the history behind Ray's name and the incredible man he received it from.  It encouraged both Ray and I to put more thought into the meanings and history behind the names we choose for our children, as that really is their identity in some ways.  Such a cool event...

4 comments:

Baillie Family said...

What wonderful memories you are building. Happy times!

helloitsme said...

Hey you guys!!!! I just got home and you are gone! Gosh....your blog looks amazing....I've got a lot of pictures to see and stories to read! Looking forward to hearing how your travels to Japan went. I love you both dearly and miss you a ton already!
love your sis,
Katie

Anonymous said...

oh gosh! Sarah I need help! I don't want my old as dirt blog up when I comment on your photos....any advice? I wish it would just say my name or email. I thought my blog was history!!!!

Katie Schafer said...

whoops! that anonymous was me....(Katie) sorry!!!!! lol