Saturday, January 16, 2010

27 WEEKS! and first Japan Dr. visits...


This is about what I'm limited to when looking down- a BIG thanks to Aunt Laurie to the beautiful pedicure before leaving for Japan!! Yes, I am 27 weeks now as of last Thursday, and feeling very good. I have now been to my Japanese doctor twice now. The first time was to simply talk over my birth plan. He speaks limited English, but I had a translator there with me, and I was overjoyed that most of everything that I desire for this birth he will honor (breast feeding, natural- no meds, having Ray in the delivery room, etc...). I like Dr. Katsuragawa a lot, and apparently I am very blessed to have him deliver these babies. He is a leading face behind miscarriage research- even in the States- and was kind enough to share with us his articles relating to all of his extensive research. They were in English, and yet the jargon was FAR over my head!!
The second appointment was a check-up. We took a brief ultrasound to determine how the babies were laying. Currently both are cephalic (head down) and very healthy. The boy is a bit larger than normal, but both are within the normal size at this stage. He checked my cervix length and I am progressing quite well- no sign of any alarm. YAY!!

I also have been going to the gym and swimming. This is such a joy, as my body feels so light and free in the pool. I look forward to making this a daily ritual, however I am needing to re-sew the hook to my bathing suit in order to keep it on. My belly is sorta in the way!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

That photo is out of control! Your feet look so tiny! Glad all is well, Sarah. Keep up the good work!
Loves.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah... so happy to hear good news about your dr. & medical care. God is answering prayers and, of course, has you right where you need to be! It looks like you guys are settling in back in Japan. Miss you, but am happy to hear you're well! Love, Linds

Angie Yasuda said...

Sarah, I love this pic!