Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mt. Hiezan with Michi...

View from the top, looking down on our city...

School kids at the temple...

The last cherry blossoms...

Mountain pigeon...

Incense burning...

Michi made us Bento lunches...


Isn't this little feller fantastic??

There is a mountain behind our town called Mt. Hiezan.  Ray and I took a cable car to the top to visit the old temple the first week we were in Japan.  It only seems right that in my last week here, my friend Michi would invite me to join her and her friend on a hike up.

Before we left, we visited the guys at the weight room...



The rhodies are out in full bloom.  Reminded me of home...


Being in this temple was so solemn.  It was very interesting practice of worship, and because our language limited us from much conversation, I spent most of the time talking with my God...

The last beautiful cherry blossoms...

Overlooking Lake Biwa...

1 comment:

sukhee said...

Sarah!

Do you guys know when you'll be up in Alaska? I'm thinking that I'll be there towards the 2nd half of August. let's try to coordinate! Enjoy the last days in Japan! Love,
Sukhee