Monday, November 15, 2010

Back Again...

Being back in Japan again has really revealed so much of my heart for my husband. Not only does he do his "job" well, but he does it for the betterment of the team. This past weekend, I saw Ray play some of the best team basketball yet, passing, assisting and leading his teammates- having just stepped off the plane! I can see a deep respect and admiration in their eyes toward him. I can see they have grown to deeply trust his humility, and know that behind it there is a strong and powerful basketball player. Off the court, his fans adore him- not only because he is a celebrity here, but because they know he truly cares for them as people. There were several people in tears after the games this weekend, honored that Ray would return to them, honored that he would take time to talk to them or sign their kid's jersey. These are just some of the things that make me truly amazed at the gift I have in him.



Needless to say, things went well on the basketball front this weekend. After three years of losing to the #1 team and defending Champions, Osaka Evessa, Ray stepped in with his team to pull off TWO wins, moving the Shiga Lake Stars to FIRST PLACE in the league! It was a great start to his third season with the Lakes!

No comments: