Sunday, November 21, 2010

Autumn in Ohara...

We're determined to have the same experiences WITH babies that we would WITHOUT. Here in Japan, that isn't necessarily the norm. Things change for new parents- less getting out, less dates with their spouse, less freedom...

Well, two years ago my friend Dacia and I visited an incredible little farming town tucked up into the hills of Kyoto, called Ohara. We went in the Fall when the trees were at their most brilliant colors and enjoyed meandering the trails that weaved in between gardens and rice fields. I was then, most determined to take Ray there... some day.

This past Monday he had a day off. What to do with the day? My vote was to re-visit that charming little town I had a couple years prior. To get there? A train ride + hour bus ride... with kiddos this time!!

We had the most amazing day. The bus was PACKED- I've never seen one so full- but Sophie charmed everyone with her blue eyes and constant "jabber", and Sol seemed content getting passed from one elderly lady to the next (what a ladies man!!). A truly peaceful, perfect day...











No comments: