Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I count it pure joy...

Just a short update:
I just returned from a two hour "baby" class at my new hospital. Obviously most of the information was much of what I've already heard and have begun to prepare for, so I'm feeling ready and excited for when the day comes to deliver these little ones. After the class the midwife took us on a tour of the labor and delivery area, showing us the rooms and the facility. Needless to say, despite it being a city hospital, the accommodations are small but clean and relaxing. At the end of the tour, I was introduced to the head nurse and again saw my doctor, Dr. Yokota. She told me that even though natural births of twins are very uncommon in Japan, she is excited that we have decided to choose to have one and has a huge team of doctors and nurses on call for the "event". She also assured me that she lives close to the hospital and is ready at any time for my phone call, day or night. The head nurse told me that during her generation, natural twin births were common and now they are not. She thanked me, because this will give the younger generations of nurses and doctors an opportunity to see one. All I could do was smile as we left the hospital. Everything is lining up more perfect than I could ever imagine. But isn't that just like our God??

1 comment:

Suks said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!