Monday, February 7, 2011

Broken...

I am just now getting around to posting this, but approximately a month ago now, Ray had to say goodbye to wedding ring #2. The first was lost in a hay barn as he was baling hay this summer (talk about a needle in a haystack!!), and he consequently purchased this "indestructible" ring while he was away from me in Qatar this summer. Well, all I know of tungsten carbide is what it's advertised for: its incredible durability.

We were on a walk in the snow at night. He went to pick up some snow (to throw at me, might I add), and the ring slipped off his finger, falling to the ground. It shattered in two instantly. And this is what we were left with. We have no clue if it was the cold or the impact, but either way, he's once again ring-less. Lesson learned.

No comments: