Thursday, September 18, 2008

A week alone...

So.... Ray's out of town all week playing in a tournament in Korea.  I'm all by my lonesome, trying with all my might to stay inspired with things to do... to not get stuck in the rut of wishing I were home in the States.  God's been teaching me a lot this week about living in the moment and not for the uncertain future.  I could stay in bed all day or get depressed and lonely because I don't have anyone to talk to, OR I could get out of bed, try new things and see new sights, because Today is all I have.  This happens to come with a bit of a challenge as we have reached the point of being a bit homesick, but there is always gold on the other side!

On another note, next weekend I will be joining a group of about 25 other foreigners (who I have not met!) to bike 120 miles around Lake Biwa.  I am very eager for the challenge, however disappointed I am that Ray can't join us.  We will be doing about 50+ miles per day, with a rest overnight at a little pension hotspring to rest our weary bones.  To NOTE: I will be doing this ride on a cruiser bike, called a "mamachari" over here in Japan, seen below.  Three gears is all I'll have!  I'm ready for an adventure!  Wish me luck...

Since Ray has the camera this week, stay tuned for many make-up posts when he returns!

2 comments:

scotty and crystal said...

Sounds like a crazy bike trip. Let us know how it goes.

kjtownley said...

I can totally identify with your feelings in this post. Even though I'm still at home in the US I am in a time of transition and uncertainty and it is definitely challenging. Love reading your blog and seeing photos of your adventures. Blessings for your journey,
Katie Townley