Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Birthday/Mothers Day weekend...

Since Ray was leaving on Friday for Okinawa, he stayed up the night prior making a homemade chocolate cake as a surprise before he left. I woke up to this:



On Friday I went for a lovely walk with my friend Chiharu...

And on Saturday morning I had the treat of getting to spend some time with our friends Ayaka and Joshua who we met last year in Japan, but who moved back to Australia. They were here visiting. Joshua is a month younger than Sophie and Sol! (If you click into this photo, you will see that Sol just sneezed and has snot running down his face...)

Then I jumped on a train to meet my friend Angie and her family for the rest of the weekend. They had made cupcakes and decorated the house with a birthday banner!! We watched Ray's games and spent a lovely, relaxing time enjoying each other's company...

On Sunday before Ray's game, we went to Eigenji Temple for a walk under the brilliant green maples. I love this photo of all of us...







On our way back to the house we stopped at a dairy farm and enjoyed homemade gelato!! Delicious!!!



And then on Sunday night, after watching Ray's games and expecting his return, Angie and the family asked if I would be interested in joining Ray on the service trip north to Fukushima. They offered the opportunity to watch the kids for the week. They said it was their way of helping fill a need. It was a difficult decision only because putting two toddlers in the responsibility of an already busy family was a LOT to ask. But it wasn't difficult to trust them explicitly and see this opportunity as a great open door. In the end, we left the babes with the Yasudas and Ray and I left at 4:30am Monday morning for the long drive north. I will be posting on our trip here (Iwaki city) soon. Our love to all of you, and our great thanks to the Yasudas for being willing to sacrifice to fill this need.

1 comment:

Always Angie said...

We really had a great weekend with you! So glad you agreed to share your birthday and mother's day! btw, I just stole a few of these photos for my blog :-) Thanks!!