Thursday, March 24, 2011

ONE incredible YEAR!!!

To all those parents out there, I can now attest to how incredibly fast time goes when you have kiddos. I feel as if it was only yesterday that I was holding my two little ones in the hospital. I feel like there isn't enough you can do as a parent to savor and cherish every single little moment.

And now Little Man and Lady Bird have lived a full rotation around the sun. Honestly, I've loved every moment, crave my time with them. Though, selfishly, I would have loved to be home during this big milestone in their lives, the people surrounding us here in Japan made such incredible effort to make this day extra special for the little ones...

The babe's Japanese birthday fell on a Sunday. Saturday night while Ray was out of town for games, Doctor Tamura invited Fujiwara's wife and kids, and me and my kids over to their house to watch the game. They also planned a little surprise party for the little ones! What thoughtfulness, considering Japan doesnt really celebrate birthdays!! The babes didn't get to bury their faces in cake this night, but devoured the strawberries!!!


Sunday came and went, and Ray and I decided that we'd "celebrate" their birthday on Monday...


BIRTHDAY MORNING
Their official One Year photos, donning Mama Made onesies!

Mr. Solomon: so much energy, very physical and animated, standing on his own (almost walking!!), extremely clever, 6 teeth, loves to eat, harasses his sister, thumb sucker and blankie boy, melts his Mama's heart by cuddling on my chest and wanting his back rubbed...




Miss Sophia: sweet little girl, HUGE smiles, scrunches her nose, grazes everything on the floor or carpet, studies objects for long periods of time and packs them around, can stand while holding on to something, 8 teeth, sensitive and affectionate, will let anyone hold her and enjoy her bright blue eyes...



BIRTHDAY SNACK!




BIRTHDAY PLAY!

*do I look older with this on my head???*

BIRTHDAY MUFFINS!!!
Being the health conscious Mama that I am, I wasn't quite ready for the little ones to bury their faces in refined sugar goodies just yet. I had a blast making them the perfect healthy treats for their special day: pumpkin muffins!

Only Sophia and Sol got the special cream cheese frosting topping, personalized to each!



BIRTHDAY NIGHT!!
For a special birthday dinner we headed to one of our favorite restaurants, Baby Face Planets. Our friends the Yasudas joined us, along with teammates Lamar, Shinya and Okada, and each of their respective beautiful ladies. Here the babes pose in preemptive birthday excitement...


Lamar and Chass

Taka and Kosei

Time to dig in to spaghetti!!

Sophie's style is using pincer fingers and eating one noodle at a time. She's very dainty...

Sol prefers the full mouth method, with Papas eager help, of course!



Cake Time!!





TOO much fun!!



What a dear family, the Yasudas. You've been there from day one, to YEAR one! Thank you for everything you've added to our family!!!




THANK YOU to all who made this weekend extra special for all of us!!!

3 comments:

Always Angie said...

LOVE these pictures! This special birthday post turned out so great! You've done an excellent job of recording this all important first year. Sarah and Ray you are amazing parents. And the love you have for each other and for these babies shows in each of their smiles. They KNOW they are loved. That is so special. Thank you so much for allowing us to join in on the celebration...and just every bit of the last year. Our lives are so much improved by your presence in it.

Judy said...

Oh my! I'm laughing, tearing up. Such fun, such play, so much generosity and joy, and friendship. Thank you for all you radiate. The love is passed on. Happy Birthday!

Julia said...

Wow! It does go by sooo fast! I love your pictures and interpretation of the day... Can't believe we'll be celebrating in two short months!