Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hello in there!!!

Oh goodness, where to start...

Well, first of all, Ray and I are both "home".  He returned home from Colombia after I did, due to the lack of funding for the team down there.  Now, we are both home enjoying the beauty of these Fall days in the Pacific Northwest and trying to figure out what comes next.  My sickness has not all-together improved, and so my midwife brought me in for some exams.  After confirming that I actually have a very healthy body, she encouraged me to get an early ultrasound.  On October 5th, Ray and I went in for our first glimpse of our little "one".  

The ultrasound tech plopped me down in the chair, put the jelly on my belly and declared, "Well, there's baby A and there's baby B!"

TWINS??!!!

Ray and I simultaneously cried and looked at those two babies on the screen in disbelief and excitement.  WOW.


Baby A is head down.  Baby B is head up...


To those of you who don't know, my Mom is a fraternal twin, and as the genetics prove, it can be passed down from mothers to their daughters.  This explains a lot!!

As of now, Ray and I are re-organizing our plans for the future slightly.  He will be interviewing for different Developmental NBA teams in order to keep us in the states this year.  We are due with the babes April 13th, 2010.

Thank you for coming on this GRAND journey with us!!!

6 comments:

Sukhee said...

Congrats!!!! This is so amazing!!! I'm so excited for you guys and will continue to pray for you 4 ;) I hope they come later on the 17th...but that's wishful thinking on my part. hehe...

scotty and crystal said...

WOW!!!! This is so exciting. Congrats. I am thrilled that you guys are in the PNW. Let's hang out, eh? Call me, 541.740.8674
Crys

mama miller said...

so so excited for you!!! If you are ever down our way, let us know! We would love to have you for dinner.....and finally get to meet Ray too :) love, the Millers

Rosalind Reichner said...

Sarah and Ray, you KNOW how thrilled your Pop and I are about the babies. How about a post with the new new news? Things are just getting better and better.

Mike said...

i just can't believe it!...those babies look SO much like grandpa reichner!...lucky kids!

Jesse Ward said...

April 2nd is my birthday so there's my vote :)