Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday...



I was sitting down at the lake yesterday, reading.  An older gentleman was fishing.  We've seen him down there before.  He's a riot to watch- big arm circles, erratic talking (to his imagination), whoops and hollers.  He is fantastic!  Every toss of his line into the water, he literally talks to the fish.  Sometimes he gathers a crowd.  Today it is quiet, except for this fellow.  I break from my reading and remind myself : we are in Japan!!
Ray is at practice and I just returned from the market to pic up some veggies for dinner.  Stir fry.  I had a job interview today in Osaka.  I braved over an hour of confusing trains and subways to make it (thank God!) to the interview on time.  I have another on Monday.  We'll see.  Maybe I will be a working woman here soon!
Tomorrow, a woman from the church will be picking me up to head out to the garden.  There will be a potato pull for the kids!  I am really looking forward to it.  Sadly, Ray will be unable to join us because of practice:(...      I will post pics!
Ray and I have been walking down to the lake in the evening to play cards and watch the sunset.  Very nice.  As you can see, the sight cant get much better than it is here.
So much is going on at home - we miss all of you and keep each one of you very closely in our thoughts!  Thanks so much to you who have written!!!

2 comments:

Mike said...

hey, what was your job interview?...i mean, what would you be doing?...more info, please....REALLY a nice day here today; supposed to be hotter tomorrow...that's good, as we're having a pretty big get together down at the south lawn....three bands on the stage to record cd's....i'm bbqing dogs and burgers for the crowd....wish ya was here...dad

Anonymous said...

what great photos you have been taking! can't wait to be there and feel the real japan~